fter a father unexpectedly gets locked out of his own house, he’s forced to go live with his aging parents. Suddenly, he becomes a non-custodial parent with limited visitation rights. Life hits rock bottom.
During a suicidal swim he has an epiphany that offers him renewed purpose: to be the best dad possible.
Join one man’s emotional kaleidoscope of fears, joys and parental adventures while he embraces his new role as a Weekend Dad.
This book is for all Moms and Dads - married, separated, divorced, or absent by circumstance. It revives the importance of the male role model in today’s ever-changing parental landscape.
Weekend Dad chronicles the experiences, discoveries, and seminal moments of the author and his two sons. Told with refreshing candor, his anecdotes offer up valuable insights while illustrating the positive influence every father has on his offspring.
Confessions of a Weekend Dad – Book One: In the Beginning, is the first collection of stories in a planned trilogy of books.
- Weekend Dad will bring back memories for many a parent and a grandparent. It's a storybook packed with emotions, humor, and thought provoking conviction.
- Weekend Dad is one man's parental journey, which sometimes presents unforeseen circumstances beyond his control. While his parent traps abound, life gets more real!
- Rivaling the groundbreaking movie - 'Boyhood' for timelines, the Weekend Dad trilogy will surpass two decades of growing up. It's the complete 'Babies to Men' rites of passage.
- The importance of the father figure hasn't really changed, only the circumstances. Weekend Dad ventures into the mystique of a male mind-set and offers a taste of the new parenthood.
- Weekend Dad reveals how a father's past experiences conflict with his new found responsibilities. As the parental dilemmas unfold, his shoot-from-the-hip philosophy, combined with a credulous spirituality, makes for fascinating reading.
- Brazenly honest, funny, and heartfelt, Weekend Dad offers up a surreal male perspective that few ever share. It could have been entitled: 'One and Two Half Men.'
- Mothers take note: Weekend Dad leaves little doubt about the importance of a father-son relationship.